The Captain and Lady Captain have led a campaign to raise funds for the new balcony and a staggering £21,680 has been raised through events. Demolition will commence on 25th September.
A huge thank you to all who attended and supported the many events.
· Existing Stone Columns will remain
· Replace Steel Girders
· Replace a few of the Wood Joists
· Possibly extend deck to edge of Columns
· Install new Composite Decking
· Install a Glass Balustrade to Deck and Steps
· If funds allow, purchase new Tables & Chairs
· Sponsored Walk & BBQ Event
· Ascot Day
· Auction of Promises
· Sponsor Captains’ to do 4 rounds in a day
· Corporate Golf Day
· Engrave Sponsors names
· Draw for free membership – now in aid of Balcony Fund
A much more Modern and Attractive Balcony for the enjoyment of Members and Visitors.
The Decking will be easily maintained and will not rot or split.
The Glass Balustrade will be safer, particularly when children are present.