Family Halloween party following Golf 9hole Shotgun.
The Ladies of Whalley Golf Club hosted their Annual General Meeting and Prize presentation evening when all the achievements of the last 12 months were honoured.
Outgoing Lady Captain Margaret Calvert is pictured left presenting the new Lady Captain, Karen Thompson with the badge of office.
The Ladies were served a delicious dinner by the in house catering staff, prize winners were congratulated and all who had helped throughout the year were thanked. Margaret also announced that £2,800 pounds had been raised for her chosen charity The Alzheimer’s Society.
The Pansy Competition – the last Competition of the season – was won by Marilyn Bulcock, Karen Thompson and Margaret Calvert.
An end of season get together took place in the clubhouse on Wednesday 19th October. Juniors, parents and volunteers enjoyed Julia’s special buffet. Jamie organised a quiz for the juniors on rules, etiquette and knowledge of the game which they all enjoyed. A presentation of prizes followed.
* The Geoff Rawson competition had been held on 18th September and the winner on a three way card playoff was Harrison Jones.
* In second place on acpo James Stansfield
* George Edwards came third and Bethan Andrew took the fourth spot.
All four played under their handicaps!
* Winner of the six hole competition was Will Hamer
* Harvey Benfield came first in the 3 hole competition with William Whitwell being runner up.
* Best Chipper trophy went to Gracie Cutting with Nick Cunliffe winning the Putting Competition trophy.
The afternoon was rounded off by Junior Captain Bethan announcing that Nicholas Cunliffe will take over the role at the AGM. Bethan presented the Junior Captain Badge to Nick who then said a few words of thanks.