Twenty two juniors played a 9 hole Stableford Competition on Sunday 11 June. Lots of good scores and handicap reductions.
Winner was Harrison Jones with 27points! Kiel Worrall was runner up with 21 points. Third place on a card playoff James Stansfield who scored 18 points with Bethan Andrew just missing out.
The Six hole Stableford was won by Gracie Cutting. Runner up was Aggie Logan.
William Whitwell took 3rd place on a card playoff with Will Hamer.
Luca Lanciotti played in his first competition and won the Three Holes. Archie Lorimer took second place with Grace Whitwell coming third.
Best chipper was William Rhodes and Charlie Holmes was champion putter.
Family and friends enjoyed an afternoon in the clubhouse.Juniors were served Julia’s special sausage and chips. Lady Captain Karen Thompson presented trophies to all of the winners. Junior Captain Nick Cunliffe thanked all competitors and organisers.
Twenty two juniors played a 9 hole Stableford Competition on a beautiful sunny Sunday 7 May. Lots of good scores and handicap reductions.
Winner was Kiel Worrall with 29 points! Sophie Driver was runner up with 28 points! Third place on a three way card playoff James Stansfield who scored 20 points.
The six hole Stableford was won by William Whitwell with 18 points! Runner up was Aggie Logan.
Gracie Cutting took 3rd place on a card playoff with Will Hamer.
Finlay Lorrimer put his new driver to good use winning the three hole competition. Rudy Hurlstone took second place with Archie Lorrimer coming third.
Best chipper was Esme Logan and Grace Whitwell won champion putter.
Family and friends enjoyed an afternoon relaxing in the sun on the balcony.Juniors enjoyed a Julia’s picnic box which was followed by prize presentation by Captain George Blenkinship. Junior Captain thanked all competitors and organisers.
Whalley Junior Captain Nick Cunliffe picked a beautiful spring Sunday morning for his Drive In.
This was followed with competitions for all abilities.
Winner of the Drive In Competition was James Stansfield, Thomas Woodward was runner up with last years Junior Captain Bethan Andrew taking third place.
The Six Hole Competition was won by Gracie Cutting. Esme Logan took the prize for the Three Hole Competition.
Best Putter on the day was Aggie Logan with Junior Captain winning the Chipping Prize.
A prize presentation by President Mr Bill Banks took place in the clubhouse following Julia’s yummy sausage and chips for all competitors.
End of Season…
An end of season get together took place in the clubhouse on Wednesday 19th October. Juniors, parents and volunteers enjoyed Julia’s special buffet. Jamie organised a quiz for the juniors on rules, etiquette and knowledge of the game which they all enjoyed. A presentation of prizes followed.
* The Geoff Rawson competition had been held on 18th September and the winner on a three way card playoff was Harrison Jones.
* In second place on acpo James Stansfield
* George Edwards came third and Bethan Andrew took the fourth spot.
All four played under their handicaps!
* Winner of the six hole competition was Will Hamer
* Harvey Benfield came first in the 3 hole competition with William Whitwell being runner up.
* Best Chipper trophy went to Gracie Cutting with Nick Cunliffe winning the Putting Competition trophy.
The afternoon was rounded off by Junior Captain Bethan announcing that Nicholas Cunliffe will take over the role at the AGM. Bethan presented the Junior Captain Badge to Nick who then said a few words of thanks.
Carole Blackadder Claret Jug Junior Competition
18 juniors took part in various competitions on the Carole Blackadder Claret Jug Junior Day. Captain Richard Ferley presented the prizes.
* The Claret Jug was won on acpo by Sophie Driver. Runner up Thomas Woodward and 3rd place was taken by James Stansfield
* The 5 hole competition was won by Gracie Cutting with Evan Fensome being runner up.
* The 3 hole winner was Rudy Hurlstone and Aggie Logan came second.
* Best chipper on the day was little William Whitwell
* The expert putter was Esme Logan
Chris Blackadder provided the beautiful silver claret jug along with sleeves of balls for all 18 competitors. Julia’s special buffet was enjoyed by all.
Sunday 21st August - Junior Stableford Competition
Whalley Golf Club Junior Stableford Competition took place on Sunday morning.
* Winner was Daniel Holmes who has reduced his handicap over the last week from 45 to 28. Nick Cunliffe was runner up and James Lightbown took third place.
* The 5 hole competition for younger players was won by Will Hamer. He clinched the prize by parring the par 3 last hole net 0 for 5 points! Gracie Cutting was runner up.
* William Rhodes won the 3 hole comp with Rudy Hurlstone coming second.
* Kiel Worrall took the prize for chipping and James Stansfield was the putter of the day
Julia’s sandwiches and curly fries were enjoyed by all!
Sunday 24th July – Junior Captain’s Trophy
Captain Mr Richard Ferley hosted his Captains Prize for Juniors on Sunday. Fifteen juniors took part in various competitions to suit all abilities.
* The Captains Trophy was won by George Edwards, runner up was Thomas Woodward. Third place was taken on a card play off by Nick Cunliffe.
* The three hole competition was won by Gracie Cutting and on a card play off second place was taken by Esme Logan.
* Jack Hall won the one hole trophy
* The best putter on the day was Will Hamer and Aggie Logan won the chipping contest.
Junior Captain Bethan Andrew thanked the Captain on behalf of the juniors. All enjoyed refreshments following the presentation.
Sunday 3rd July – President’s Junior Prize competition
President of Whalley Golf Club, Mr John Slinger, hosted his President’s Junior Prize competition on Sunday 3rd July. Twenty two juniors competed for various prizes.
* Presidents Junior Prize was won by Daniel Holmes, runner up was James Stansfield and in third place Sophie Driver.
* Three Hole Competition was won by Gracie Cutting and Will Hamer was runner up.
* Joint winners for the One Hole Competition were Oliver Askew and William Whitwell.
* Best Putter won by Esme Logan and Best Chipper was won by Aggie Logan.
All competitors received a ‘goody bag’. President kindly provided refreshments for everyone prior to the presentation. Junior Captain Bethan Andrew thanked the President on behalf of the juniors.
Wednesday 1st June – 9 hole Stableford Competition
Eight Juniors took part. Winner was Daniel Holmes, runner up Sophie Driver and in third place Nick Cunliffe. Past Captain Roger Lee was on hand to present the prizes in an informal setting on our balcony
Sunday 8th May – Stableford Competition. 17 Juniors played in the Competition. Lady Captain presented the prizes following the event. Several of our adult members and helpers walked round with the Juniors to mark their cards and advise on rules etc. Big thank you to all of them.
The Junior Captain’s Drive-in was won by the Junior Captain, Bethan Andrew. The runner up was Ben Dowds and Tobias Dean took third place.
Junior Open – Monday 17th August 2015
Juniors Captain’s Trophy Sunday 19th July 2015
6 juniors took part in the 9 hole Stableford Competition and the results were as follows:
1st Junior Captain Taylor Linford 21points
2nd Aristo Wood 20 points
Many thanks to Captain Roger Lee for providing the prizes and his continued support and interest in the Junior members.
Junior President’s Day Competition
There were 10 juniors competing on Sunday 21st June 2015 in the afternoon and the weather stayed fine, if a little cold.
Many thanks to President for providing the prizes and Lorna for the welcome refreshments at the conclusion of the event.
All the juniors played well and the results were as follows:
!st Junior Captain Taylor Linford 18pts
2nd Ben Dowds 17pts
3rd Aristo Wood 12pts
Girls Prize Sophie Driver 12pts
Thanks also to Captain, Lady Captain and members for their support, the adults who walked round with the juniors helping them with rules and scoring and the parents for their continued enthusiasm.